Saturday, January 06, 2007

This TRIgirl in 2007

So, TRIgirl really is influencing my life above and beyond triathlon.

Of course, my big goal for 2007 is IMFL in November, so that entails many hours of TRIgirl training. I have also fallen into the habit of having TRIgirl coffee at least five days a week. At my parttime job, a coworker offered to bet me that I couldn't get through a shift without mentioning the TRIgirls. I looked at her and said, "Why in the world would I want to do that?"

I've been working with Grandison on some planning for the 2007 season as her social coordinator/marketing assistant, and so I've been reflecting on my expereince with the group for things such as testimonials and biographical information. I really have made some of the best friendships of my life with these women. G and I keep coming back to the idea that it is so important to surround yourself with people who improve themselves and the world around them, and that's much of what this organization is all about. I am going out for my birthday tonight (it's on Monday--two more shopping days!) and ninety percent of the people who are coming out with me are either TRIgirls or married to one or the daughter of one. Wow.

I'm also enjoying the potential TRIgirl networking as I focus some on my working-for-money life this year. It's nice to have so much support from such a diverse group.

Okay, I'll admit I also did work out with the TRIgirls this week...

Tuesday--met SanDee and Lynn at the vita course. Ran a warmup mile, than ran two miles at tempo pace. My prescribed pace is an 8:50 mile, but I ran them in 8:30 each. i felt that was a pace I could sustain for a 5K, but should run at 8:50 for a 10K. Need to work on slowing down for those longer runs...
Cycling class that evening.

Wednesday--Ed's Shenanigans. Good to back in the swing after the holidays. Met Kate T at Am Fam for my first swim since October 15's sprint tri. We did a half mile in about sixteen minutes, then joked about our $180 workout, since we've been skipping the gym for several months.

Thursday--met Lynn at UR track for half mile repeats. Either we were both having a particularly hard day or we don't know how to properly use a track... neither of us hit our pace goals. I think I need to take Track 101. Ed's Cycling this evening was obscene. Molly and I were trying to measure our sweat volume. I did have a quarter-sized dry spot on my tank when we finished, however, so obviously Ed went really easy on us. I texted Lynn, who along with the Deannas was at Wine Club, with the following quote from Ed: "Level Nine. Stand Up."

Friday was a rest day (much needed and even more enjoyed) and I slept in a bit today, skipping cycling class, but joining the group for a half hour run afterwards. Friend and new TRIgirl Kay and I went for a hilly walk this afternoon to catch up with each other and enjoy the unseasonably warm day--over 70 degrees!

I'm very much looking forward to an evening out with these great women tonight, and seeing many of them again tomorrow for the inaugural SWS event--Som's TRIgirl Master's swim class, or as I prefer to refer... Swimming with Som.

2 comments:

TriGirl 40 said...

2007 will be the year of the Carm. Happy Birthday TRIgirl Devil Face - you inspire us, motivate us - and just make everything more fun.

Anonymous said...

Carmen, you are one of my favorite tri-girls (in the top 3 anyway). I always look forward to meeting you for coffee after your workouts. You always use the best grammar when writing and talking. Some day I will have my picture taken with you if you let me (please... please...). That's all for now, maybe I'll see you soon at one of your regular coffee meetings.