Monday, January 29, 2007

Blog Tag What?

Wow. All these things I never knew about. Deanna blog-tagged me, along with the other TRIgirl bloggers, so I'll try to answer the questions, but I'm afraid I'm breaking the chain...

Yikes. I used to think I had a good memory, but many race details run together for me. From the most recent tri, I remember how cold it was! TRIgirl Anna may be from Canada, but it took a lot of convincing to keep her from dropping out of this year's Richmond Sprint Triathlon. I decided it was worth a ridiculously long T1 time to ensure that I wouldn't lose a limb to frostbite on the bike.

Am I allowed to plagiarize? DB summed it up about Naylor's--the only GOOD thing about that race was finishing with her. I really had a bad race, and I think I may have quit if it weren't for SanDee at the water stop and Deanna pulling me to the finish.

I honestly don't remember much about my first triathlon. It was one of the Shady Grove sprints in 2005. Tri shorts? Who ever heard of those? I wore the Trimom team suit for the swim and then pulled on running shorts and running shoes to get me through the bike as well as the run. If nothing else, I've upgraded my tri-wear since then!

One thing I've discovered, not necessarily about myself, but about physical endurance, is that the body can usually do whatever the mind will let it. Sometimes during a workout, I have to turn my mind off completely in order to get anything accomplished. I realize about myself that I am able to challenge myself, but I sure can be lazy. I have a lot of bad habits that interfere with my training. But I guess that's called life.

My most embarrassing tri moment is pretty well-known. My "girls" tried to make a getaway out the sides of my top coming out of the pool in a sprint tri early in the season. They were fairly successful. Moral: don't wear anything during the swim that you havent't practiced it in (this particular top had been great for bike-run bricks.) Solution: our TRIgirl jerseys (and my turbo top) have been great in every race since. Too bad they hadn't come in earlier!

The big goal? IRONMAN FLORIDA 2007.

1 comment:

TriGirl 40 said...

Alas, another advantage of the sadly discontinued turbo top. Thanks for sharing some great moments!