Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Training Notes

We just got our first personalized training schedules from Maramarc. I'm a bit intimidated! Our January calendars and our December ones are exactly the same, only totally different.

Of course we are building on our cycling base, thanks to Ed. The biggest change, however, is the inclusion of personal time goals for our runs. At the beginning of December we each participated in a timed one-mile run, upon which our goal times are based. We ran said one-miler after a "warmup" that totally wore me out! Thank goodness, because I'm scared to death of my so-called tempo pace for next month.

Based on a 7:45 mile, my 1/2 mile speedwork splits should be 3:45, my tempo run pace is 8:50 miles, and my easy, recovery pace is a 10:35 mile.

While apprehensive, I am also eagerly anticipating working on actually running at different speeds, as opposed to doing all my runs somewhere between nine and ten minute miles.

Time to get a new watch!

No comments: