Friday, January 26, 2007

And, Yes, My LIfe Is Ruled by TRIgirl

I don't mean for it to be, and I do balance it out occasionally. However, having such a structured training plan does help me better manage my time. I know I'm not the only one with that issue!

This weekend...

Saturday morning we meet at Maramarc to run four timed half-miles. This extreme event (so called because the temperatures will be in the teens) is followed by an hour and a half of cycling class in the aero position. Ahhh... then we enjoy TRIgirl coffee at Starbucks.

Saturday evening brings the Richmond Triathlon Club's annual banquet. Hunter Kemper is the keynote speaker, and I'm looking forward to hearing his address as well as socializing with others in the Richmond triathlon community--TRIgirls and otherwise!

Sunday evening after swim class, we will be meeting back over at Maramarc for the TRIgirl 2007 informational meeting. I'm really looking forward to this since I will not only see my regular partners in crime, but we will be joined by TRIgirls who have been MIA since the official season ended and also apparently by a million new recruits.

In addition to Michelle, I have another little sister, Jennifer, since my last post. My real little sister, TRIgirl Shannon, aka the Beebs, will be returning for 2007, as well. What a great family!

So, within the confines of this tri-structure, I will also attend a work meeting (subject: port wine,) read some student response writing, plan my classes for the week, and maintain the semblance of a social life. Maybe.

1 comment:

TriGirl 40 said...

You have one more tri task to fit in this weekend, because tag, you're it, TriJinx - see the details on my blog:
http://trigirl40.blogspot.com/