Saturday, January 13, 2007

I Feel Good

It was SO HARD to get up this morning for a timed one-mile, two timed half-miles, and an hour-and-a-half ride on the trainer in the aero position.

It was even harder to get up yesterday, so I didn't, really. I didn't have to be at work until six p.m., so I spent this one last day of "vacation" finishing up a novel for TRIgirl Deanna L's book club next week. Ah, the luxury.

I dragged into Maramarc *only* ten minutes late this morning, just in time to start our warmup. I need to remind myself that I will ALWAYS feel better after my workout than I do before. Well, of course there's an asterisk with that statement, but we live in a world where not only TRIgirls are Caution: Very Hot!

Pleased with my times--7:32 in the mile (which Coach Mark graciously recorded as a 7:30,) followed by a downhill 3:41 half mile and an uphill 3:52 half mile, graciously timed by Kate O.

I assumed a leadership position during our indoor cycling, sitting up front with the coaches and facing the rest of the class. The real treat about riding here is that Mark and Ed can't keep a close eye on you. I'm sure Blake would manage to find a way, but he is still in Colorado working on his USAT coaching certification.

Now, after TRIgirl coffee and a long shower, I feel good.

Other reasons I feel good:

*Celebrated my birthday last Saturday with TRIgirls and other friends.
*Swam with Som on Sunday for the first time in three months.
*Made it to 32! Had birthday dinner with Mom, Dad, and Ashley at great new restaurant, Cous Cous.
*Successfully completed two swims, two strength trainings, three bikes, and three runs this week.
*Met with other English 200 teachers--getting excited about the upcoming semester.
*Treated myself to five new books and finished reading one.
*Worked with Grandison on TRIgirl press release and philanthropy.
*Saw an old friend today and met a new TRIgirl!

Life is good.
And thanks, James Brown.

3 comments:

Jonah Holland said...

Damn, you're fast!

Melissa said...

awesome times! you rock, carmen! and we like you being up front for the dancing so keep it up!

TriGirl 40 said...

What an impressive training week - and I second the above comments about your awesome times!