Thursday, August 17, 2006

smokin'

I wish I were referring only to my speed here, but rather I am addressing a very bad habit. I often joke that there should be another category in triathlon, similar to Athena or Clydesdale, if you will, because I am confident that I would win in the Smokers group.

After afew party cigarettes in high school, I became a full-time smoker in college. Over the past ten years or so, I have actually tapered the habit, lighting up only when drinking or stressing. I'll go for a week with no smokes, then fire through half a pack in one sitting.

I'm trying right now to deal with the one-day-at-a-time, or perhaps, one-race-at-a-time approach. Two weeks out from Naylor's I told myself no cigarettes until after the race, at which point I plan on telling myself, now, not until after the Rock-n-Roll, etc.

Haven't had one since last Friday.

I might even start that nasty gum-chewing habit!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find this very interesting Ms. C. I wish that I had your stamina and dedication. I post here because it is the only comment that I can possibly make: Stop Smokin Darlin'! I want you around for a very, very long time and in order to survive you must give up this nasty habit. Of course ya know that I love you and only want the best for you--this is best!
Otherwise-----keep on doin what ya doin'!
: ) KB

Anonymous said...

i think, although you may not agree that it's possible, that you're even HOTTER when not smokin'.

love you, love the blog!

dyron