Tuesday, August 15, 2006

girls on the hills

Tuesday morning meant hills once again. Since we had a fall weather preview this weekend, several of us went ahead and moved our run time back to seven a.m. instead of six. Wow! What a difference that extra hour of sleep makes. It was also nice to wake up when it was actually light outside. Sandee, Susie, Anna, Deanna B, and I did our requisite hills, but Susie and I were the only ones that attended the essential Starbucks meeting afterwards.

I am looking forward to getting into my fall schedule. Even though I know I will stay enormously busy, I always like the fresh start of a new school year. I even felt that way the couple of years in my life when I was neither teaching nor taking classes. Perhaps the cooler weather is the refreshment needed! Long runs are much easier to look forward to on a breezy fall morning than during the oppressive summer heat and humidity. Hmmm.

We are less than two weeks away from Naylor's, and less than three away from the Rock 'N' Roll Half. I must admit I am ready to scale back a bit, and will have no trouble committing to a taper week or two!

No comments: