Wednesday, December 06, 2006

The "Off-Season," Huh, What??!!

After meeting for some tried-and-true calisthenics and a timed one-mile run Saturday morning, those TRIgirls and Maramarc affiliates who are preparing for Eagleman, Coeur d'Alene, or Florida this year were each issued a personalized workout schedule for the month of December. Each month we will run our mile and get a new schedule. Sounds simple.

Which, actually, is the best thing about having great coaches. I take my mind out of the equation and just do what I'm told. If Grandison told me to jump off a bridge, yes, yes, I absolutely would. Well, okay, sometimes I may or may not cheat just a little bit. But two of my favorite mantras are, "You're only cheating yourself," and, "It's MY workout!" Paradoxical, yes, but aren't most important things?

Having said that, my weekly training consists right now, in this so-called off-season, of ten workouts.

Ten.

Workouts.

I guess that's what happens when you roll three sports into one and work on strength building to boot.

Monday 6 am--Ed's Shenanigans, formerly known as Strength Training
Tuesday 7 am--run with TRIgirls
Tuesday 7 pm--cycling with Ed
Wednesday 6 am--Ed's Shenanigans
Wednesday at-a-time-I-can-fit-it-in-if-possible--swim
Thursday 6 or 7 am--run with TRIgirls
Thursday 7 pm--cycling with Ed
Friday--REST DAY!!!! Much needed and well-deserved
Saturday 7 am--cycling with Ed
Sunday am--run with TRIgirls
Sunday 5 pm--swim with Som

I guess I will have to start considering Monday and Saturday to be rest days since I will exercise only once. My life is very different from what is was three years ago...

3 comments:

TriGirl 40 said...

Ed's Shenanigans - LOVE IT!

Gosh with two worksouts on some days - but at different times - imagine all the workout clothes you will need to buy. When is the next expo????

TriGirl 40 said...

BTW - Am liking the new pictures - and the new design!

carmen said...

well
i was jealous of your pink
and i finally posted some photos
so you like how i spiced up
the blues post
with a festive unblue picture?!