Sunday, September 10, 2006

More Flexible Schedule


When I discussed, or rather, poked fun at, Shannon's flexible schedule, I got a lot of feedback, most of which was serious. The girls really think both schedules and flexibility are important. In the past two weeks, I've made many adaptations to my own schedule, some intentional and some not.

With the cooler weather comes the new school year, and this semester I am teaching four classes on two different campuses. One of the courses is completely new to me, which of course means some extra planning time, as well. I've cut my work schedule at the restaurant back to *only* four shifts a week, but there are some things that have to get cut out of the schedule. Sleep and my social life are usually the first to go, but they have a way of creeping back in here and there. I did just mow my lawn this morning, as a cooldown from our 16-mile run, but I told my neighbor that just because I mowed my lawn didn't mean he could expect me to wash my car, clean my gutters, or weed the flower beds. I can't be a trigirl AND a gardener!

Life is all about choices. Hmmm, you've heard that before? Well, yesterday I decided to hang out at SanDee's pool rather than clean my house. On Wednesday night, I decided to go out for beers with my coworkers rather than get some sleep before an early morning run. Thursday morning, I decided not to make that early morning run in favor of sleeping in. Some days it's easier to follow tapering and recovery schedules than others.

Right now, i really want to go outside and take a walk. It's beautiful. However, since I'm between a 16-mile run and an hour swim workout, maybe I'd be better off sitting outside grading papers. Then i can decide to go to Legend for beer and bluegrass with Mary Jo later on. I'll keep you posted on the final decision!

No comments: