Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Post-Registration; Pre-Marathon

So, I had a little post-registration letdown Sunday afternoon. I honestly worried more about registering for Ironman than I think I will about the actual race (although of course that feeling is subject to change, specifically in about 51 weeks.)

Although I am still in a serious relationship with Windows 98, I managed to register in the first half hour. i had to read the paper while I was doing it so I wouldn't freak out too badly in the minutes it took for each page to load, but everything worked out okay. The only tragic event of the day was that Grandison did not make it through registration in time, but we're working on a couple of alternative entry strategies (how's that for corporate lingo?) so our head Tgirl can race with us. Other TRIgirls on board are Susie, Lynn, Deanna B, Kate T, Anna, and Cyndi. Coaches Som and Blake will also be racing with us, and Kate O is considering said alternative entry strategies.

I am absolutely beside myself about the whole thing. Not only is there the excitement of the actual challenge, but I am thrilled to be training for and participating in my (first?) Ironman with the girls and boys in Pink. Also, now that I am registered, I don't ever have to think again. I just have to do exactly what Grandison, Blake, and Som say. Oh yeah, and Ed. I will always do exactly whatever Ed says, too.

Maybe all that not thinking for a year will make me a less freaky swimmer, as well. Let's hope.

Meanwhile, back in 2006... four days til the Richmond Marathon (America's Friendliest!) I've done my training. I'm looking foward to making posters, watching What It Takes at Deanna B's, carbo loading at Kate O's, representin' at Packet Pickup, and getting my cheer on at SanDee's in the OBX all as part of the TRIgirl race weekend. Hope the five pounds I put on in pizza and Halloween candy this week don't slow me down too much!

No comments: