Saturday, June 09, 2007

Eagleman Eve

Isn't that a new national holiday?!

Kate just chastised Lynn and me for sitting indoors on such a beautiful day, but I am under strict orders from my massage therapist/tanning counselor/mom to stay out of the sun and keep my feet up today! The most invigorating activity I've done today is rubbing some lotion on my legs and giving myself a mini-pedicure.

Kate O drove me, Lynn, and Deanna B up here yesterday--we caravaned with Cyndi and her family. It was great to hit the expo and bike inspection before one million people arrived. We had a great pre-prerace meal of wild salmon, brown rice, veggies, and wheat bread (mine with lots of butter, of course!) before Anna joined us just in time to get a little dinner and play a rousing game of Yahtzee.

We were just finishing up our game when the brewing thunderstorm knocked out power in our lakeside cottage. Thank goodness there was a good stock of decorative candles, most of which had never been lit before. I was happy to put them to good use.

The storm may have cooled things down a bit, but it also created a much more ragged surface on our lake. We're going to check out the Choptank in a little while and assess the damage to the previously serene river surface...

Kate and I already finished a Scrabble game before nine am. She pulled out a couple of bonus words and kicked my ass. On to other ways to distract ourselves from thinking too much about tomorrow's race, while keeping shaded and rested!

2 comments:

Ro said...

Carmen, I'm anxious to read your race report...esp. about your graceful fall! Congrats on your Eagleman Victory! You looked really good out there! ALl the TG's did!

TriGirl 40 said...

How can I ever thank you? From our ride up to
Eagleman to our pre-pre-race Yahtzee game?

Carmen.70.3.com - I loved sharing the pre, during, and post race experience with you!