Monday, April 23, 2007

Belated Posts

Okay, so I'm the last to say it, and now it's repetitive, but it really is hard to train AND blog about training. Oh yeah, and work, and be a human being...
So, here's the update.

Work: Still plugging along at VCU and Hondo's. This is the last week of classes, so I'm prepping for that transition period that comes at the end of every semester--being super-busy for a couple of weeks, then knowing that I'm going to have a small crisis when I DON'T have to go to school--that feeling of having forgotten or lost something important. I am teaching one summer class at VCU, and Joe has offered me two classes at UR in the fall already. I was seriously considering finding a fulltime job at the end of this semester, but now I'm thinking that I may just keep the adjunct-waitress schedule through Ironman. I won't make my millions, but I will have some flexibility in scheduling that is great for the long hours of training.

Health: My body finally fell apart at thirty-two. I have been to the doctor more in the past three months than in the past five years. In between minor girl procedures, I'm suffering with the world's longest lasting ear infection. I haven't been in the pool for over three weeks, and this is not going to be the last interruption in my swim training this summer.

Attitude: We are FINALLY experiencing more seasonable temperatures. I'm always in a better mood when I can open my windows!

Training: Aside from the aforementioned swimming hiatus, I've been successfully completing all my workouts. I have skimped a couple of times on weight training, but I will say that it has usually been to get in a couple more hours of much-needed sleep. I've been trying to focus on listening more to my body on the rest side of things... I'm feeling pretty strong on the bike and run workouts, and actually was very proud of my workouts last week, which were our toughest to date. Thursday's run was TEN half-mile repeats (most done before was six,) and Saturday's fifty-mile ride on the Blue Ridge Parkway was not only the farthest I'd ever biked, it was also the hilliest.

No comments: